Professor Forman’s Recommended Reading List:
- Jonathan Kozol, Savage Inequalities: Children in America’s Schools, 1992; The Shame of the Nation: The Restoration of Apartheid Schooling in America, 2006; and others
- Jay Mathews, Work Hard. Be Nice.: How Two Inspired Teachers Created the Most Promising Schools in America, 2009
- Deborah Meier, The Power of Their Ideas: Lessons for America from a Small School in Harlem, 1995, 2002
- Mike Rose, Lives on the Boundary, 1989
- Richard Rothstein, Class and Schools: Using Social, Economic, and Educational Reform to Close the Black–White Achievement Gap, 2004
- Paul Tough, Whatever it Takes: Geoffrey Canada’s Quest to Change Harlem and America, 2008
We welcome your suggestions for education-related books in the comments below.